You're proceeding north on the Hidden Coast Scenic Byway. You've left Roosevelt Beach where you're experienced the beach via car. And now, you're on to your next destination. Seabrook.
This "idea town" is the creation of Casey Roloff. After building homes and creating developments in Oregon, it was up to the North Beach. This scenic property has evolved from a vision to a full-fledged community. You'll find full-time home owners, some who have a beach home here and then there's an opportunity to inhabit a vacation rental home for a weekend or longer.
With panoramic Pacific Ocean vistas while you're perched on the bluff, experience this beach town planned with the ultimate detail. Designed for all ages and Fido, enjoy your commute strolling or bicycling. Then, it's down the stairs to the beach.
Neighborhoods dot the landscape. Just east of the town center, you'll find the Farm District. First phase features 19 large home sites surrounding large pastures, barn, orchard and open space. There's a horse waiting for you!
Activities abound including a Summer Concert Series on the lawn. Saturday Markets are all summer. Maybe it's the place for a family reunion or corporate retreat. Town Hall may house your wedding or event. You'll also find an indoor pool, fitness center-Rusty Anchor Fitness, playground and sport courts.
The retail district is expanding. Easy to park or walk to the shops, you'll find books to bikes. Town Merchants include: Brooklets Toys, Joie Des Livres, Seaworthy Home, The Salty Dog. Foodies will get their fill with Front Street Market, Mill 109, Red Cedar Surf Co., Red Velvet Bakery & Cafe Sweet Life and Tides by Seabrook.
Here are a few of your must-stop shops:
- Buck's Bikes - Buck is a hands-on owner offering bikes for your riding pleasure and repair as needed. Check out the biking trails, events and activities Buck hosts and provides for year-round enjoyment.
- Frontager's Pizza - Family-friendly pizzeria menu includes stromboli, charcuterie and wood-fired pizza. Local owners source local products for your dining pleasure including fresh, organic produce from Sky Island Farms.
- Magnolias Seabrook - Brooke and her family have moved from Bainbridge Island and made Seabrook and the North Beach their home. Women's clothing and accessories fill the store.
- Spa Elizabeth - Now offering a retail location next door to The Stowaway, the spa is above on the second floor. Enjoy custom blended aromatherapy, massage and gifts to give or enjoy yourself.
- String Theory Yarn & Fiber - Yarn, fiber and more fill this store and tempts you with colors to create a shawl or sweater. Whether you take it home or stay for a class, there's lot for the designer in you.
- The Stowaway - After a long day of shopping, what's better than a glass, or bottle or wine. The Stowaway provides indoor (weather permitting) or outdoor seating. Cheers!
New addition is the Food Truck Food Court. Frontager's Pizza, Las Cabanas and The Castaway. Check out "Growler" the chainsaw carved Bigfoot by Anthony Robinson of Native Beach Accessories. He oversees the outdoor dining behind Frontager's Pizza store-front restaurant.
Whether you stop to shop, dine and enjoy or stay or purchase a home at the beach, make Seabrook part of your Hidden Coast Scenic Byway experience. There's always something to do at the beach.